Friday, May 20, 2016

Language Usage Checklist for Exhibition

Language Usage Checklist for Exhibition

What will discussion sound like in Grade 5? 
  • We will use English in our groups UNLESS we need to translate the meaning of a word or phrase that needs clarification or elaboration.
  • Then we will remember to switch back to English once we have clarified or elaborated our ideas. 
  • In partners, we will use English.
  • When we are thinking solo we can use either English or Korean/Chinese.
  • In teams, we will use English for all conversation unless we are clarifying the meaning of something.


Weekly self-assessment for language usage (Put an X next to your answer.)
This week I was able to use English and Korean/Chinese as per the class expectations. 
  • Yes ______________
  • Mostly X
  • Not always _________
The part that was most difficult for me to do was: 
  • Class discussion X
  • Teams in English ______
  • Pairs in English _______
  • Solo in English 
  • Switch back after using Korean/Chinese X
Strategies I used this week:
  • I used Korean/Chinese when I: 
    • Asked a question X
    • Expressed an idea X
    • Clarified a word _________
    • Clarified a phrase _______
    • Elaborated my ideas _____
    • Took notes ___________
    • Worked in a team _______
    • Worked in a pair _______
    • Worked alone _________
    • Joked around X
    • Had social conversation ______
  • I used English when I: 
    • Asked a question ________
    • Expressed an idea _______
    • Clarified a word _________
    • Clarified a phrase _______
    • Elaborated my ideas _____
    • Took notes X
    • Worked in a team 
    • Worked in a pair X
    • Worked alone X
    • Joked around _________
    • Had social conversation ______


This week I am most proud of: Finished / Started lots of work. (ex. prepare action assembly, writing, research..)


Next week my goal is: Use more english during exhibition time.

No comments:

Post a Comment