Friday, April 22, 2016

Language Usage Checklist for Exhibition #1

                    Tenth day to learn about PYPX

Language Usage Checklist for Exhibition



What will discussion sound like in Grade 5?
  • We will use English in our groups UNLESS we need to translate the meaning of a word or phrase that needs clarification or elaboration.
  • Then we will remember to switch back to English once we have clarified or elaborated our ideas.
  • In partners, we will use English.
  • When we are thinking solo we can use either English or Korean/Chinese.
  • In teams, we will use English for all conversation unless we are clarifying the meaning of something.


Weekly self-assessment for language usage (Put an X next to your answer.)
This week I was able to use English and Korean/Chinese as per the class expectations.
  • Yes
  • Mostly
  • Not always - X
The part that was most difficult for me to do was:
  • Class discussion
  • Teams in English
  • Pairs in English
  • Solo in English - X
  • Switch back after using Korean/Chinese
Strategies I used this week:
  • I used Korean/Chinese when I:
    • Asked a question - X
    • Expressed an idea
    • Clarified a word - X
    • Clarified a phrase
    • Elaborated my ideas
    • Took notes
    • Worked in a team - X
    • Worked in a pair
    • Worked alone
    • Joked around - X
    • Had social conversation
  • I used English when I:
    • Asked a question
    • Expressed an idea
    • Clarified a word
    • Clarified a phrase
    • Elaborated my ideas
    • Took notes - X
    • Worked in a team
    • Worked in a pair
    • Worked alone - X
    • Joked around
    • Had social conversation

This week I am most proud of: Write lots of blog about exhibition!

Next week my goal is: Having more communicate with others!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you color code because you made audience understand better. I also agree with your goal. I wish you post media next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your "This week I am most proud of" is good. because you write lots of blog and comments about exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you know your self well!!

    ReplyDelete